Legislation Surrounding COVID-19
- First bill: HR 6074 focused on getting funding to help the health care field address the crisis
- Coronavirus supplemental making emergency appropriations. The legislation provides $8.3 billion in all new funding for a robust response to the coronavirus, including support for state and local health agencies, vaccine and treatment development, and loans for affected small businesses to lessen the economic blow of this public health emergency.
- Became Public Law No: 116-123 on 03/06/2020
- Second bill: HR 6201 Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- The $104B bill guarantees free coronavirus testing, provides paid leave, and strengthens food security initiatives through additional investments in WIC, food banks, and seniors nutrition. The bill also makes sure that children who depend on free and reduced-price meals have access to food during school and child care closures.
- Signed into law on 03/18/20202
- Third Stimulus Package: HR. 748 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
- ASA Summary of Bill with disability focus
- Title-by-title Summary
- Schumer Letter on Legislation Agreement Details
- Health and Education related provisions for third federal stimulus bill
COVID-19 RELATED RESOURCES
COVID-19 RELATED POLICY ADVOCACY LETTERS