Participant Assistance & Care
Participant Assistance and Care (PAC) is a service available to individuals receiving support through the Home and Community Based Service (HCBS) Medicaid Waiver Program.
PAC allows individuals with autism to remain and live successfully in their own homes, function and participate in their communities, and avoid institutionalization. These services support and enable greater independence to the participant in activities of daily living, self-care, and mobility through hands-on assistance, prompting, reminders, supervision and monitoring. PAC helps to ensure the health and safety of each participant including:
- Assistance with personal care, meals, shopping, errands, scheduling appointments, chores and leisure activities;
- Assistance with mobility (transfers, ambulation, use of assistive devices);
- Assistance with correspondence and bill paying;
- Escorting the participant to community activities and appointments (transportation not provided);
- Supervision and monitoring of the participant;
- Reinforcement of behavioral support;
- Adherence to risk plans;
- Reinforcement of principle of health and safety;
- Completion of task list; and
- Participation on the Individualized Support Team
If you are interested in learning more about how ASI provides these services, email email@example.com or call 800.609.8449.