Northeast Area Support Coordinator
Our Mission: Ensure that every individual and every family affected by autism in Indiana receives the high-quality services they deserve.
Our Vision: To make our services more readily available by opening up 5 new locations in Indiana over the next 5 years.
Our Values: ASI is dedicated to ensuring that every program, service, or support provided to our community is Person-Centered, and focused on Personal Outcome Measures (POM). Specifically, all of our work is done based on the following core values:
1. Each person with autism is unique, and should be treated as such.
2. Every person with autism should have the same opportunities as any other person.
3. People with autism should have choices and control over their lives.
1. Direct Family and Individual Support – Providing support for individual and families affected by autism through education, advocacy, support groups and/or service referrals. Making sure that individuals and families affected by autism get the highest quality service available in their local area. %50 (10 hrs/wk)
2. Indirect Family and Individual Support – Promoting and raising awareness through education and advocacy for those affected by autism. This will include but not limited to hosting local events, providing trainings, participating on approved committees, attending approved conferences and attending tabling events. %25 (5hrs/wk)
3. Fundraising – Working with the NE area ASI team to secure sponsors for the NE Area Annual Relay 4 Autism Event. Discovering and securing additional area partners/donors. Creating and implementing additional fundraising events. 35% (5hrs/wk)
ASI relies on corporate and individual good will to expand our programs and to serve more individuals and families affected by Autism. This cannot be accomplished without positive promotion of the good work the organization does.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Must be willing to travel as required, and work evening and weekends as needed
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications
• Budgeting and fiscal management skills preferred
• Employee leadership and development experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Passion for helping those with, or affected by, Autism
1. Provide Support for 25 different families/individuals a month with the goal of serving 300 families in a year.
2. Work with team to host one large awareness event per year that raises $20,000 in sponsorships above expenses (or a series of smaller events).
3. Create/Secure new partnerships/donors and/or fundraising events to raise $10,000 in additional funds.
The Autism Society of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individual with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be a construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Reports to: The Assistant Executive Director
Supervisory Role: This position will have no direct oversight of staff Employee
Status: Part-time (20hrs/wk)
Benefits: Eligible to accrue PTO
Primary Location: North East Area of Indiana