Direct Care Provider Job Description
Job Description – Direct Care Provider (flexible part-time)
REPORTS TO: Direct Care Director
The Direct Care program focuses on providing individualized and consistent care for children with autism. Direct Care Provider (DCP) provides both respite and participant assistance and care (PAC) services for children and adults on the autism spectrum.
Respite care is a service specifically focused on providing relief to a parent or guardian caring for an individual with autism so they can get a much-needed break and be confident that their loved one is safe and under the care of a person who has an understanding of autism and those affected by it.
PAC services are focused on the individual with autism, to help build skills both at home and in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Direct Care Provider (DCP) is responsible for providing respite and/or Participant Assistance and Care (PAC) services for families and individuals affected by autism.
- Provide high-quality direct care to children and adults on the autism spectrum
- Work with families to create monthly schedules
- Participate in required trainings and meetings
- Participate in Family Team Meetings to discuss the goals and progress of the individual being served.
- Work with the family to develop individual goals.
- Data entry
Required Experience and Skills
Education: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
Experience / Work History
- Experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities, preferably with autism.
- Demonstrated ability to follow person-centered plans with measurable outcomes
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (SharePoint experience preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Personal connection to someone with autism or other developmental disability
- Experience working with individuals with autism or other developmental disabilities and their families.
- Experience working with individuals in caregiver settings.
- Experience with positive behavior supports and other interventions.
- Experience working with individuals who require assistive technology
Other Key Information:
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must have a current negative TB test
- Proof of current CPR / First Aid Certification
- Proof of US Citizenship or work visa
- Must have access to a safe and well-maintained vehicle
- Valid drivers’ license, good driving record
- Proof of comprehensive auto insurance
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must provide own mobile phone and Windows or Macintosh computer.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application found on the ASI website.
No phone calls, please.