Caregiver Support (Respite) Funding beginning July 1, 2017
It is that time of year again to apply for Caregiver Support (Respite) Funding beginning July 1, 2017 for the fiscal year 2018. Applications received during the fiscal year 2017 for Caregiver Support Services do not carry over to the fiscal year 2018. Each fiscal year (July 1 Through June 30) an application must be completed.
Caregiver Support Services information:
- The program is available on a first-come, first-served basis, through your local Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) district office;
- Caregiver Support Services are available to the primary caregiver if the targeted individual is not currently receiving and does not begin to receive other services from BDDS or other related state programs such as (but not limited to) Vocational Rehabilitation Services, First Steps, CHOICE, or a Medicaid Waiver;
- As long as the Caregiver Support Services funds are available, services may be approved when:
- an individual meets the state eligibility definition of intellectual and developmental disabilities level of care and
- the primary caregiver selects an approved provider; **Autism Society of Indiana is an approved provider for respite services**
- Applications may be made online, by mail or in-person;
- Online application is available on this Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) webpage:https://ddrsprovider.fssa.in.gov/BDDS/ConsumerInfo/CaregiverSupportRequest.aspx
- To apply by mail or in-person call or visit your local Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) District Office to request an application. Contact information for your local BDDS Office can be found on this webpage:
The initial Caregiver Support Services budgets will be approved in the amount of $1,000 for each eligible individual regardless of the number of eligible individuals residing in the residence. Upon exhaustion of funding, subsequent budgets may be requested by the individual’s Caregiver Support Services provider and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Any new budget is dependent upon available funds.
Some BDDS district offices do run out of funds so sign up as soon as possible on or after July 1st .
More information about the Caregiver Supports Program check this Frequently Asked Questions page: